Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Daily Needs and Information about Starvation Mode


Age: 16
Height: 5 feet, 5 inches
Weight: 132 pounds
Activity Level: Moderate Exercise (Exercise 3-5x/wk)
Gender: female
Calories needed to maintain your current weight: 2250
Calories needed to lose weight: 1500 - 1750
Calories needed to gain weight: 2750 - 3000 

That's what a calorie calculator site said. I could eat 1500 calories a day and still lose weight? I think not. I'm tempted to try it though. If I could get 'healthy' and still lose weight...maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But that's scary. I don't think I could do it. I eat an average of about 750 calories per day (averaged over the last few months) and doubling that intake? God..that's horrifying. I feel like such a failure, though. I can't even starve myself right. I can't even be anorexic right. Everyone else that does this is soo thin. All skin and bones...I just need that so much. I need to disappear. I NEED to. Even if that's not logical. I'm trying to exercise more, because I realized that the only exercise I get is walking around school and walking to and from the bus stop. Granted, walking to and from the bus stop is a mile in and of itself, so I walk at least two miles everyday. And I do all the heavy lifting around here, so I count it as moderate. Plus sports every Monday through NJROTC..but I haven't been exercising purposefully. 

Also, I was reading up on starvation mode today. I found out that as long as you have fat stores to rely on, your body will keep using those. BUT you have to eat good, protein and nutrient rich foods for this to work. Which means salads and fruit and none of the bad shit. But I've also found that it drops metabolism, which means your daily calories burned goes down. But I read that it only drops down to 900-1400 so if you are eating below that constantly, I don't see why you wouldn't still lose weight. As long as your calorie deficit is the same amount in both cases. So say you normally burn 14000 calories and it drops to 900. As long as, you eat the same amount below that as you did before, it won't change anything. 

About the muscle loss, all diets cause muscle loss. Healthy diets make you lose 25% muscle and starvation makes you lose 50% muscle  but you can counter act that by doing strength training.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
    Feel free to surf my blog - Ayurveda Kapha Diet

    ReplyDelete